Key actives in The Divine Woman range of products
The Divine Woman Salon Grade skincare range contains high active ingredients clinically proven to minimize aging.
Red Raspberry seed oil has a high Vitamin E content:
Alpha Tocopherol: 12.6mg/100g
Gamma Tocopherol: 19.4mg/100g
Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant, it reduces skin damage and mops up free radicals that contribute to skin-aging.
Raspberry Seed Oil is rich in Carotenoids, strong antioxidants that play a crucial role in the health of our skin. They inhibit UV damage and stimulate cell repair. The carotenoid content of red raspberry seed oil is 23 mg/100 g of oil.
Red raspberry seed oil contains a high amount of Omega-6 and Omega-3 essential fatty acids with Linoleic acid (omega 6) being 52-56% and Alpha-linolenic acid (omega 3) at 29-33%.
Omega 3 – Oleic Acid
– protects the skin from the sun
– penetrates the skin very well, bringing moisture deep into the skins surface
– promotes wound healing
– reduces inflammation and repairs the skin
– is found in our own skin’s sebum
Omega 6 – Linoleic Acid
– Powerful anti-inflammatory
– retains moisture
– effective in cell regeneration
– Helps to heal the skin barrier
– is an Omega oil that our body cannot produce on it’s own
– lighter and thinner, will nourish and protect without being too heavy
Present in red raspberry seed oil, this compound has been shown to reduce the destruction of collagen as well as protecting against Ultraviolet damage from the sun.
Their antioxidant activity prevents skin damage, encourages healthy skin growth. Phytosterols promote new collagen production, leading to healthier, younger-looking skin.
A study undertaken in the year 2000 showed that red raspberry seed oil has UV protection comparable to titanium dioxide. It found that raspberry seed oil can shield against UVA-induced damage by scattering as well as absorption. The SPF value was found to be 28-50 for UVB rays, and 6.75 – 7.5 for UVA rays.
Raspberry Seed Oil
– Highest level of alpha linolenic acid of any fruit
– Anti-inflammatory due to high content of alpha linolenic acid, assists in calming the skin
– Anti aging through its Elegiac Acid (antioxidant rich compounds) reduces the destruction of collagen and protects against UV damage
– Rich in Vitamin E (antioxidant) preventing oxidative damage
– High levels of phtosterols reducing trans-epidermal water loss
– Causes skin to retain moisture